Audience: Open to All Experience levels
ZERO OBLIGATION. Preregister even if you're not sure you can attend. It will help us gauge interest and acquire accomodation options.
In 2018, NVC Chinese Net organized the first China IIT -- a dream long held by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg was realized. The intention to reconvene in 2020 was thwarted by the onset of COVID-19. Now, after more than three arduous years, we are finally ready to present IIT China with a fresh perspective in 2024, a year that marks the commencement of a new 20-year era (explained below).
As the founder of NVC Chinese Net, I am eager to share with you our aspirations for this IIT:
1/ To the international community:
According to the venerable Taoism Classic, the "I Ching (Book of Change)," the year 2024 heralds a fresh 20-year epoch, encapsulated by the divinatory symbol "Li" (離), heralding a divergence from the past two decades. The "Li," signifying "Fire," mirrors a shift in human consciousness, as we have already witnessed the increasing discord and imbalance, often stemming from prevailing domination paradigm. Yet in Chinese, "crisis" comprises elements of both "challenge" and "opportunity," presenting a clarion call towards a partnership consciousness and re-claiming of our interdependence.
During the 5th anniversary celebration of NVC Chinese Net last year, we reaffirmed our seven-year commitment: to cultivate 1,000 Chinese-speaking NVC leaders. With empathy, conflict resolution, and the evolution of leadership consciousness as our guiding tenets, it excites me that we will welcome international NVC leaders—who are experts in these realms—to partake in the 2024 China IIT trainers team and embark on this journey alongside us.
2/ To the East Asia community:
The past decade has afforded me the joy of collaboration with colleagues from Japan and South Korea. Beyond our shared heritage, we are unified by our aspiration for regional peace. During the Bali IIT 2023, Yuko and I convened a discussion focused on this very aspiration. This upcoming IIT, with trainers from China, South Korea, and Japan in collaboration, aims to progress this vital conversation towards peace and reconciliation.
3/ To the China community:
As the first CNVC trainer and assessor to bring NVC to Asia (including China), Katherine has witnessed and supported greatly the development of NVC in China over the last ten years. I am really honoured to have her with us, knowing how much pressure all the long travel and work would bring to her. As her Assessor-in-training, I am devoted to carry on her vision to support the emergence of many more Chinese-speaking trainers!
This 9-day immersion experience into Nonviolent Communication (NVC) will offer learning sessions, home groups, coaching and feedback from skilled trainers, and a community environment where you can learn and practice the key skills of NVC.
Our team of Certified Trainers will share both the core curriculum of NVC as developed by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, as well as their own unique applications. We expect a group of approximately 50 to 60 people from different countries, cultural backgrounds, professions and walks of life.
People around the world are using Nonviolent Communication skills to transform conflict, create resilience in their relationships, and build a world where everyone's needs matter and are met collaboratively.
We will create a dynamic learning laboratory that will show you how to create a more compassionate and peaceful culture in your life at home, at work, and in your community by learning how to:
- Speak from the heart
- Practice deep, non-judgmental listening
- Build self-empowerment from the inside out
The cost of this training includes two components: 1) Tuition; and 2) Room and Board.
Attention! You will pay two amounts, one for the tuition and one for the stay.
We want to enable as many people as possible to participate in an IIT, regardless of their financial position. At the same time, we care that the cost of organizing the event is covered, CNVC (as a sponsor for this training) is sustainably funded, and that trainers and organizers can be adequately remunerated. Holding care for all these elements, the tuition fees have been set as follows:
- $2,175 - Early Bird (make your payment through 14-May-2024) - convert to another currency
- $2,495 - Standard (15-May-2024 and after) - convert to another currency
- 10% if you participated in (and paid for) a previous intensive training with CNVC
- 10% if you have been a Supporting Member of CNVC for 6 months or more.
- 15% for registered Certification Candidates
- 25% if you are an active Certified Trainer with CNVC - Note, that there is also a limited number of tuition-free spaces available for Certified Trainers, granted by a committee. For more information, email us at
Note: only one of these discounts may apply; you may combine it with the Early Bird price.
Room and Board (CNY)
Wenzhou Xueshan Hotel serves as a state guesthouse, located in the scenically beautiful Jingshan Park, with its 58-acre courtyard embraced by verdant hills. It is adjacent to the Huguo Zen Buddhist Temple, which was built during the Tang Dynasty (627 – 649 AD), offering an environment of tranquil elegance and delightful scenery, where the charm of nature melds harmoniously with modern sensibilities.
Room and Board will be paid at the venue upon arrival.
Room and Board prices are listed per person and include your room and all meals throughout the event beginning with dinner the first day and ending with lunch the final day. Some room types are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Room options include:
- ¥ 4,665 - Single Room (private bathroom)
- ¥ 2,800 - Double Room
- Room and Board will be paid at the venue upon arrival.
- Availability of various room categories are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Room and Board prices include your room and all meals throughout the event beginning with dinner the first day and ending with lunch the final day.
- Three meals/day are included in the package. You can choose not to eat, but the hotel cannot deduct it from the above pricing package.
- Breakfast is buffet, lunch and dinner are set dishes. Usually, the set dish includes a large meat dish, two small meat dishes, a vegetarian dish, a soup, a fruit, a staple food, a dessert, a coarse grain. The above content is provided according to the seasonal ingredients. Soup, vegetarian dishes, staple food can be renewed free of charge. Vegetarian dishes are provided according to the seasonal dishes. Please check availability if you are on a special diet by
3 STEPS TO YOUR IIT EXPERIENCE WITH CNVC:
IIT training team for China 2024
IIT organizing team for China 2024
THE 3 MAIN GOALS OF CNVC'S INTERNATIONAL INTENSIVE TRAINING (IIT)
Personal and Professional Relationships
- Increase connection and closeness with the people you love.
- Speak in a way that inspires compassion and understanding.
- Initiate difficult conversations with more ease and confidence.
- Remain centered and peaceful when receiving difficult messages.
- Express and receive anger fully, safely and respectfully... yet powerfully.
- Resolve long-standing conflicts and heal painful relationships.
- Parent children from the heart and move beyond power struggles into cooperation.
- Translate criticism, judgments and blame into life-serving messages.
- Shift patterns of thinking that lead to depression, guilt and shame and that perpetuate pain.
- Transform anger into self-understanding, thereby increasing inner peace.
- Enliven yourself by expressing and receiving gratitude.
- Learn to embody unconditional love.
Contribution to others and Social Change
- Share NVC in ways that transmit and model its power to transform and inspire others.
- Create educational systems where students love learning and teachers love teaching.
- Learn to engage in effective, lasting nonviolent social change in the tradition of Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Facilitate meetings and support group decision making in a power-sharing, collaborative, and consensus-based ways.
- Support holistic and human-based workplaces.
- Engage with others at work and in the community to foster openness, trust and authenticity.
- Support mutual understanding and connection when working in colonized countries.
- Foster restoration and harmony by mediating conflicts and helping to resolve differences among others.
You wanted to attend this event, paid for it, and then something changed in your situation. That is when this Cancellation and Refund Policy becomes important!
We value flexibility and understand that “life happens” and sometimes people need to change their plans. At the same time, we want to acknowledge the financial commitments and other plans made by CNVC, the Organizer, and the venue.
We have established the below policy to take into account all of these needs:
A. If we cancel:
You receive a 100% refund of all tuition and/or room and board payments (alternatively, if you wish, you can apply your money to another CNVC intensive training within 2 years).
B. If you cancel:
30 days or more before the start date, you have two options:
- Transfer 100% of your payment to a future CNVC intensive training within 2 years (starting the date you canceled); or
- Receive a refund on tuition fee minus a nonrefundable 10% cancellation fee
Between 30 days and 4 days before the IIT start date you have two options:
- Transfer 75% of your tuition payment to a future CNVC training within 2 years (starting the date you canceled) - we retain 25%; or
- Receive a 50% refund of your tuition (we retain 50%).
From 3 days before the IIT start date, no refunds and transfers are available.
You will notice that the closer to the start date, the lower your refund. This is to acknowledge the financial commitments that CNVC makes in the planning process. E.g. We are often required to pay for a venue, whether or not you show up. We also put considerable human resources into the organization of an IIT and some of these costs are not recoverable.
Refunds will be issued within 10 business days after you cancel.
Room and Board
Refund of the hotel costs for food and lodging is dependent upon the unique contractual factors with the venue. Please contact the Local Organizer for details.
Note: these discounts only apply to tuition payments (not to room & board or other expenses)
10% if you participated in (and paid tuition for) a previous Intensive Training with the Center for Nonviolent Communication
10% if you have been, or will have been, a Supporting Member of CNVC for 6 months or more before the first day of the IIT
15% if you are a Certification Candidate registered with CNVC. The discount applies only to people who are officially registered candidates.
If you are not sure if you are officially registered as a Certification Candidate, email us at [email protected]. If you're not registered yet, ask your Assessor if it might be possible for you to become registered before the IIT.
If you are not registered as a candidate at the time of payment, you can pay the full price without this discount, and if you become a registered certification candidate by the start date of the IIT, we will refund you the difference (the 15% discount amount).
25% if you are an active Trainer certified with CNVC
The discount applies only to active Certified Trainers. "Active" means that in the last year, you have completed the renewal steps including filling out the Annual Trainer Survey, making an Annual Trainer Contribution, and signing the Trainer Agreement if applicable (if it has been updated).
Note, that there is also a limited number of tuition-free spaces available for Certified Trainers, granted by a committee. For more information, email us at [email protected].
We realize that life situations make it difficult for some people to raise enough funds to participate in one of our intensive trainings. If this is the case for you, we strongly encourage you to to ask for financial assistance, and we will do our best to support you to participate in this IIT.
Since money can be a loaded topic in our world, for many people asking for financial support is challenging and uncomfortable. If you are inspired to attend an IIT, we invite you to join us in a mutual process to explore possibilities.
HOW IT WORKS:
After applying the available discounts, if you are not able to afford the tuition, you can request financial assistance to further reduce your tuition fee. (Note: We do not offer assistance for Room and Board, which is a direct expense for the venue). We have a limited amount of financial assistance available and we prioritize people who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Actively collaborating with others in the NVC network.
- Can use what they learn in this training to make an impact such as in education, government, environmental sustainability, equity and inclusion, or with an NGO or community-based organization.
- From a region that has fewer in-person NVC trainings.
- Part of an economic system that offers less access to financial resources.
- Come from a disadvantaged group (race, ethnicity, origin, religion, gender identity, class).
- Willing to search for other sources of financial support such as their workplace, family, or organizations they are involved in (in order to be in partnership with us about finding the resources to host this training while including as many people as possible).
Instructions for how to request financial assistance will be provided after you submit the IIT pre-registration form.
We are happy that you will participate in a 9-day Nonviolent Communication training – the International Intensive Training (IIT) sponsored by the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC).
In order to create an environment that is supportive and that offers predictability -- and supports you in making choices for your wellbeing -- we ask you to make a series of agreements.
1. If I complete this training, I will receive a Certificate of Completion, which is different from being authorized or certified as an official trainer of the CNVC. If I share NVC, unless I am already a Certified CNVC trainer, I agree to present myself as a student, supporter, or candidate for certification (if I am a registered candidate for certification) rather than as a CNVC Certified Trainer. Also, I agree to follow the “Guidelines for Sharing NVC for Individuals who are not Certified Trainers.”
2. All materials that I will receive are the property of the Trainers who created them. I agree to use these materials only for my personal use -- and refrain from copying or sharing with others -- unless I receive explicit consent from the creators.
3. I understand that while this training might be healing and therapeutic in nature, it is not a substitute for mental health therapy or psychiatric care.
4. I am responsible for my own behavior the entire time I participate in this event. I understand that some activities could be mentally and emotionally challenging. My level of participation in the activities is entirely my choice, and I can modify or end my participation at any time.
5. I agree to follow the COVID regulations as established by the country or municipality where this IIT will take place. I will follow these regulations and not avoid any of them, and at the same time, I will not expect any additional regulations above and beyond what is required by the country or municipality.
6. If I contract an illness from a virus or other pathogen during this training, I am responsible for the costs of medical care and any other related costs such as changing travel arrangements. I will exercise consideration for others when it comes to contagious illnesses and reach out to the organizer to decide on any actions.
7. Since the program is a closed event and only registered participants are allowed to participate in the sessions, I agree not to bring or invite to the sessions anyone who is not registered. If there are areas or spaces designated for participants of this event, like conference areas or dining areas, I agree not to bring or invite anyone who is not a registered participant to these spaces.
8. I will refrain from making my own audio or video recordings unless the leaders of the training establish a policy and set of conditions for recordings that is announced during the Training.
9. I will refrain from taking photographs of other people who are part of this training unless I ask for and receive explicit permission from each person before I take the photos.