International Intensive Trainings
DESTINATION: NVC IMMERSION
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE LANGUAGE OF NONVIOLENT COMMUNICATION (NVC) UP TO NINE DAYS IN RESIDENCE
CNVC‘s signature International Intensive Trainings, also known as IITs, allow you to fully live and breathe NVC. Like learning and practicing a new language, fully and intentionally immersing yourself can be the best way to gain new skills and NVC fluency. Beautiful locations and camaraderie — a retreat sure to inspire!
THE 3 MAIN GOALS OF CNVC'S INTERNATIONAL INTENSIVE TRAINING (IIT)
Personal and Professional Relationships
- Increase connection and closeness with the people you love.
- Speak in a way that inspires compassion and understanding.
- Initiate difficult conversations with more ease and confidence.
- Remain centered and peaceful when receiving difficult messages.
- Express and receive anger fully, safely and respectfully... yet powerfully.
- Resolve long-standing conflicts and heal painful relationships.
- Parent children from the heart and move beyond power struggles into cooperation.
- Translate criticism, judgments and blame into life-serving messages.
- Shift patterns of thinking that lead to depression, guilt and shame and that perpetuate pain.
- Transform anger into self-understanding, thereby increasing inner peace.
- Enliven yourself by expressing and receiving gratitude.
- Learn to embody unconditional love.
Contribution to others and Social Change
- Share NVC in ways that transmit and model its power to transform and inspire others.
- Create educational systems where students love learning and teachers love teaching.
- Learn to engage in effective, lasting nonviolent social change in the tradition of Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Facilitate meetings and support group decision making in a power-sharing, collaborative, and consensus-based ways.
- Support holistic and human-based workplaces.
- Engage with others at work and in the community to foster openness, trust and authenticity.
- Support mutual understanding and connection when working in colonized countries.
- Foster restoration and harmony by mediating conflicts and helping to resolve differences among others.
Any refunds that are due will be issued within 2 weeks after you cancel.
A. If we cancel:
You receive a 100% refund of all tuition and/or room and board payments (alternatively, if you wish, you can apply your money to another CNVC intensive training within 2 years).
B. If you cancel:
Through 31 days before the IIT start date you have two options:
- Transfer 100% of your payment to a future CNVC intensive training within 2 years (starting the date you canceled); or
- Receive a refund on tuition fee minus a nonrefundable 10% cancellation fee
Between 30 days before the IIT start date and 4 days before the start date you have two options:
- Transfer 75% of your tuition payment to a future CNVC training within 2 years (starting the date you canceled) - we retain 25%; or
- Receive a 50% refund of your tuition (we retain 50%).
Beginning 3 days before the IIT start date, no refunds and transfers are available.
Refund of the hotel costs for food and lodging is dependent upon the unique contractual factors with the IIT venue.
We realize that life situations make it difficult for some people to raise enough funds to participate in one of our intensive trainings. If this is the case for you, we strongly encourage you to to ask for financial assistance, and we will do our best to support you to participate in this IIT.
Since money can be a loaded topic in our world, for many people asking for financial support is challenging and uncomfortable. If you are inspired to attend an IIT, we invite you to join us in a mutual process to explore possibilities.
How it works:
After applying the available discounts, if you are not able to afford the tuition, you can request financial assistance to further reduce your tuition fee. (Note: We do not offer assistance for Room and Board, which is a direct expense for the venue). We have a limited amount of financial assistance available and we prioritize people who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Actively collaborating with others in the NVC network.
- Can use what they learn in this training to make an impact such as in education, government, environmental sustainability, equity and inclusion, or with an NGO or community-based organization.
- From a region that has fewer in-person NVC trainings.
- Part of an economic system that offers less access to financial resources.
- Come from a disadvantaged group (race, ethnicity, origin, religion, gender identity, class).
- Willing to search for other sources of financial support such as their workplace, family, or organizations they are involved in (in order to be in partnership with us about finding the resources to host this training while including as many people as possible).
Instructions for how to request financial assistance will be provided after you submit the IIT pre-registration form.
We are happy that you will participate in a 9-day Nonviolent Communication training – the International Intensive Training (IIT) sponsored by the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC).
In order to create an environment that is supportive and that offers predictability -- and supports you in making choices for your wellbeing -- we ask you to make a series of agreements.
1. If I complete this training, I will receive a Certificate of Completion, which is different from being authorized or certified as an official trainer of the CNVC. If I share NVC, I agree to present myself as a student, supporter, or candidate for certification (if I am a registered candidate for certification) rather than as a CNVC Certified Trainer. Also, I agree to follow the “Guidelines for Sharing NVC for Individuals who are not Certified Trainers.”
2. All materials that I will receive are the property of the Trainers who created them. I agree to use these materials only for my personal use -- and refrain from copying or sharing with others -- unless I receive explicit consent from the creators.
3. I understand that while this training might be healing and therapeutic in nature, it is not a substitute for mental health therapy or psychiatric care.
4. I am responsible for my own behavior the entire time I participate in this event. I understand that some activities could be mentally and emotionally challenging. My level of participation in the activities is entirely my choice, and I can modify or end my participation at any time.
5. I agree to follow all current regulations related to Covid practices as defined by the country or municipality in which the IIT is occurring.
6. If I contract an illness from a virus or other pathogen during this training, I am responsible for the costs of medical care and any other related costs such as changing travel arrangements. I will exercise consideration for others when it comes to contagious illnesses and reach out to the organizer to decide on any actions.
7. Since the program is a closed event and only registered participants are allowed to participate in the sessions, I agree not to bring or invite to the sessions anyone who is not registered. If there are areas or spaces designated for participants of this event, like conference areas or dining areas, I agree not to bring or invite anyone who is not a registered participant to these spaces.
8. I will refrain from making my own audio or video recordings unless the leaders of the training establish a policy and set of conditions for recordings that is announced during the Training.
9. I will refrain from taking photographs of other people who are part of this training unless I ask for and receive explicit permission from each person before I take the photos.
Note: Approximately 10 days before the start of the training, we will email you these agreements and ask you to sign them online.