We are glad you are here. Welcome!
- Are you NEW to Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and want to know more?
- Are you looking to EXPAND your conflict transformation and empathy skills with our training events?
- Are you wanting to fully IMMERSE yourself in NVC in a multi-day experience, meet our Certified Trainers, and connect with passionate learners like you?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, you are in the right place. Click through one of the categories below to get started.
Learn, Stretch, Grow, Nonviolent Communication
What is NVC?
If you heard of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and would like to learn more, here is where you will find free videos, resources, and downloadable files available to you right now.
You'll also learn some fun NVC terms:
- What does it mean to be a giraffe?
- What does it mean to howl like a jackal?
It's our “ABCs of NVC” to share with the world.
Find many FREE resources
EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
Like any language, to become fluent in NVC will take time, intention, and practice. Explore our events and programs, offered by CNVC's Certified Trainers:
- For beginners
- Trainings for trainers
- Programs toward earning your CNVC trainer certification
Hundreds of events around the world
Our IITs are a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the language of NVC in a multi-day, in-residence, experience.
You'll be surrounded by a caring, learning, practicing, and engaging community from the moment you sign up.
Our IITs are hosted in different countries and languages in an effort to expand our reach for all who wish to experience the depth of NVC and connect with a growing community of passionate learners and practitioners.
Open to all levels — beginner to advanced
Do you have questions?
You want to learn and practice Nonviolent Communication and have questions about the different options? We have put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions to support you to get clear about which trainings are most suitable for you.
Do you know about CNVC's supporting membership?
IMMEDIATELY UPON JOINING:
- Official alignment with the global home of Nonviolent Communication
- Invitation to a free online annual membership event
- Opportunities to shape the future of CNVC
- Video library of exclusive full-length, live recordings from Certified Trainers from around the world
AFTER SIX MONTHS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Receive a 10%* discount on tuition at CNVC’s immersive trainings
- Priority consideration for financial assistance for immersive trainings
Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
By Marshall B. Rosenberg, PhD, Foreword by Deepak Chopra
Over six millions copies sold worldwide. Translated in over 35 languages
DID YOU KNOW: "One of Nadella’s [Satya Nadella of Microsoft] first acts after becoming CEO, in February 2014, was to ask the company’s top executives to read Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication, a treatise on empathic collaboration." [FAST COMPANY]