Shawn Specht, a compassionate and dedicated holistic practitioner and coach, weaves her diverse expertise in health and wellness to empower individuals towards holistic well-being and emotional freedom. Shawn Specht radiates warmth and openness, curating workshops, retreats, and courses that inspire genuine personal growth. By integrating her knowledge of SVA Ayurveda and Nonviolent Communication, she empowers individuals to navigate conflicts and challenges across all spheres of life with grace and authenticity.
Learning and Growth: Influenced by her father's holistic chiropractic practice from an early age, Shawn embarked on a transformative journey, earning a B.S. in Health and Human Performance. Her comprehensive education encompassed a spectrum of disciplines, including psychology, anatomy, physiology, nutrition, chemistry, and biology. Balancing her deep understanding of modern Western medicine with hands-on experience in holistic alternative therapies, Shawn embarked on a personal quest to foster deep healing and transformation in others. Her consistent meditation practice, augmented by immersive experiences such as the 10-Day Vipassana courses, has further enriched her spiritual and emotional learning. Her passion for growth and making the future generations more socially-emotionally resilient brought her to work as a teacher in a Waldorf-inspired school, in Northern California for ages 7-14.
She loves to read and some of her favorite books are:
- “Women Who Run With the Wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- “Coyote’s Guide to Connecting With Nature” by Jon Young, Evan McGown, Ellen Haas
- “The Heart of Nonviolent Communication” by Stephanie Bachmann Mattei & Kristin K. Collier
- “A Heart Blown Open: The Life and Practice of Zen Master Jun Po Dennis Kelly Roshi” by Keith Martin-Smith