Introduction to NVC
What is NVC?
"Nonviolent Communication is based on the principle of Ahimsa — the natural state of compassion when no violence is present in the heart." ~ Marshall Rosenberg, founder of NVC
Nonviolent Communication is a way of being in the world that has the purpose is to serve life and to create connection in such a way that everyone’s needs can be met through natural care. Learn more about the principles and the process of NVC.
Empathy in action!
"Empathy is a respectful understanding of what others are experiencing. Instead of offering empathy, we often have a strong urge to give advice or reassurance and to explain our own position or feeling. Empathy, however, calls upon us to empty our mind and listen to others with our whole being."
"While we may not consider the way we talk to be ‘violent,’ words often lead to hurt and pain, whether for others or ourselves."
How do you respond to the question, “How are you?”
In just 14 minutes, Yoram Mosenzon offers a fun, personal, taste of Nonviolent Communication.
A TEDxAmsterdamED Talk by CNVC Certified Trainer, Yoram Mosenzon
What is with giraffes and NVC?
Of all land mammals, giraffes have the biggest hearts, measuring up to two feet long and weighing about twenty-one pounds. In NVC it symbolizes the intention and capacity to recieve and speak with compassion and empathy — a big heart!
Do you know about CNVC's supporting membership?
IMMEDIATELY UPON JOINING:
- Official alignment with the global home of Nonviolent Communication
- Invitation to a free online annual membership event
- Opportunities to shape the future of CNVC
- Video library of exclusive full-length, live recordings from Certified Trainers from around the world
AFTER SIX MONTHS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Receive a 10%* discount on tuition at CNVC’s immersive trainings
- Priority consideration for financial assistance for immersive trainings