Transforming Relationships: Greater Harmony and Understanding at Home, Work, and in the World
What do you do when you reach a communication impasse with your kids or mate, colleagues or clients, a family member, or someone you have trouble relating to?
Join Dian for this 5-day program as part of Omega Institute's annual Family Week, and is an ideal time to learn NVC if you have children (this event is open to those 16 and older; many other concurrent programs are available for children under 16).
Learn to transform your relationships—from the dinner table to the bedroom to the boardroom, and to the thorny conversations we all are having (or avoiding) in our communities, workplaces, and country. Explore research-based insights into the psychology of communication and learn how to overcome the most common barriers to effective communication—where everyone leaves with a sense of fulfillment and their self-respect intact.
Discover a new way of thinking that can be applied immediately to real-life experiences. Gain skills to create greater authenticity, intimacy, harmony, and meaning in your relationships.
The sessions will take place:
- Monday: 9:00 am - 12 noon and 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 12 noon
- Wednesday: 9:00 am - 12 noon
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 12 noon
- Friday: 9:00 am - 12 noon
In this workshop, Killian will provide research-based insight into the psychology of communication, and will help you to:
- identify the most common barriers to effective communication.
- transform negative self-talk into self-empowerment.
- foster trust and collaboration when stakes are high.
- defuse anger and enemy images.
The program is highly interactive and will include exercises, role-play, and learning-games (including Empathy Poker, the NVC Dance Floors, and the Empathy Labyrinth). Join us to learn skills and a new way of thinking that can be applied immediately to real-life experiences so that you can experience less conflict and stress, and find greater authenticity, intimacy, harmony, and meaning in your relationships.
- DATES: July 29-Aug 2, 2019 (Note: These are the correct dates even if a different date is listed above)
- TUITION: $355 for Omega members; $395 for non-members.
- REGISTRATION: Register early -- Omega's Family Week sells out quickly, both the program and housing.
- HOUSING: A variety of on-site options are available but can sell out quickly. Is your housing option no longer available on-site at Omega, or do you prefer to stay offsite? Check out some options via Airbnb (save $55 if it's your first stay in an Airbnb!)
We’re delighted that you’re planning to join us for this in-person program! We invite you to care for the environment by offsetting your carbon impact in traveling to the event by making a donation to one of these organizations:
- Trees for the Future: Improving the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands. Donate.
- Tree Sisters: Planetary restoration at the grassroots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation. Donate.
Work Collaboratively offsets any travel our trainers do by making donations to these two organizations to offset our carbon impact. In addition, we reuse materials, use recycled paper products, and reuse name tag holders. We also avoid using non-reusable, non-durable plastic products.