Speaking, Living and Sharing Peace: 10-month program in Ann Arbor, MI
Learn life-changing skills that can dramatically improve the quality of your personal and professional relationships by increasing harmony, trust, and creative problem-solving. Become part of an inclusive and respectful community to help you deepen peace within yourself, in your relationships, and in your world.
In this program, we will provide a place where we can learn and grow in community, and offer a different way to be in the world -- where we can be both honest and caring, fierce and tender, and where we can live authentically.
More than just a workshop, or even a series of workshop, this immersion program includes a rich combination of methods and practical tools to support your learning and integration including:
Four in-person gatherings (2½ days each).
1-on-1 support session with a trainer.
Ongoing empathy support from peers and repeat participants.
90-minute online session (webinar) each month the group does not meet in person.
IN-PERSON GATHERINGS: Thursday 6:30 pm -> Saturday 5:00 pm
- December 5 - 7, 2019
- February 6 - 8, 2020
- May 28 - 30, 2020
- September 17 - 19, 2020
TIMES: Thursdays 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm; Fridays and Saturdays 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
LOCATION: Ann Arbor, MI: Builders and Remodelers Association, 179 Little Lake Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (map)
TRAINERS: Lisa Gottlieb, François Beausoleil, and Irene Bowers (co-founders of Great Lakes Nonviolent Communication)
- $1,815 Super Early Bird (by September 24)
- $1,865 Early Bird (by October 24)
- $1,995 Standard (after October 24)
MULTIPLE PERSON DISCOUNT: When 2 people register together, both save 10%; when 3+ register together, everyone saves 15%! (can be combined with earlybird discount)
QUESTIONS: If you have questions about registration, payments or other logistics, email Jeff Brown (the Registrar). If you have questions about the program or content, email François Beausoleil (a Trainer).
AUDIENCE: Everyone is welcome -- this workshop is designed for people who have no prior experience with Nonviolent Communication and will also help people with prior experience deepen their skill level.
This program is designed to help you:
- Dissolve blame you have for others and for yourself.
- Set yourself up for success when you anticipate having a difficult conversation.
- Discover the art and science of deep listening and use empathy to increase trust and connectedness in your relationships.
- Decode hard-to-hear messages so that you can see the deeper meaning without being reactive.
- Express yourself honestly and navigate conflict with grace and grit.
- Apply communication tools in a way that comes across as natural and where people see you as being authentic, rather than using a “technique.”
- Learn how to ask for what you want in a way that inspires others to support you.
- Develop a personal action plan to operationalize everything you learn.