The NVC Lab Intensive Weekend, Santa Rosa, CA
Saturday, November 09, 2019
EndsSunday, November 10, 2019
What You Will Learn:
Love Thyself - Honoring the Life Within
- Reclaiming innocence: Reconnecting with trust in our intention to meet our human needs, the best way we know how to, under all circumstances.
- Reclaiming Joy: Reconnecting with our innate state of play; the freedom to follow, with aliveness and creativity, our inner curiosity and what most excites our spirits.
- Reclaiming Truth: Reconnecting with our authentic experience in every given moment, and aligning how we show up with our inner reality.
- Reclaiming Freedom: Reconnecting with our inner authority, our innate freedom to make autonomous choices, based on our needs, values, purpose and care for the whole.
- Reclaiming Vulnerability: Embracing our needs while accepting not having power over what happens in life. Trusting our mattering, while letting go of whether and how we will be received.
- Reclaiming Interdependence: Reconnecting with our trust in being cared for by others, and in the sufficiency of resources to care for the whole of life. Accessing our natural joy of giving and being of service to others and life.
- Love Thy Neighbor - Honoring the Life in Others
- Prioritizing connection in how we respond - by choosing empathy as a core response.
- Speaking our truth without blaming, shaming, threatening or guilt tripping (taking 100% responsibility for our experience).
- Explicitly owning our perceptions, interpretations and evaluations when speaking.
- Maintaining and cultivating togetherness by constantly checking for the impact of our words and actions.
- Consciously choosing to hear, the 'please' behind every demand/threat, the vulnerability behind every judgment, and the unspoken feelings, needs and requests in people's expressions.
- Reclaiming our natural generosity by cultivating an inner 'Yes!' towards people and life.
- Honoring our 'No' while opening our hearts to the impact on others.
- Holding others choice, even when they don't seem to be able to hold it themselves (especially when there are power differences).
- Including others in decisions that are affecting them.
- Attending to the gap between our intention and the effect on others.
- Explicitly expressing our mourning to others when we contribute to a difficult impact and taking action to repair trust.
- Cultivating awareness about social dynamics of inclusion and using our power to support those with less access to power and resources.