NVC Facilitator/Trainer Training
Join this weekend immersion in NVC training & facilitation January 10-12 in Denver, CO.
The multi-layered experience of sharing NVC requires of us a set of skills and consciousness that is unique. We will learn, practice, support, & process together to expand & refine this unique capacity, understanding, & tool set, from content design & presenting to coaching learners & more.
To teach and practice skills and consciousness specific to teaching, facilitating and coaching NVC.
It is my heartfelt intention with this training to provide learning and guidance specific to teaching and facilitating NVC in a way that supports the integrity of NVC and each individual who shares it. I am committed to creating more ease for trainers wanting the skills to create workshops, present effectively, facilitate learning powerfully, and coach learners to grow with confidence, all while having fun.
NVC trainers/facilitators, people who are actively engaged in teaching NVC, certification candidates, accreditation candidates, those who have begun teaching NVC with short presentations or practice group leadership.
Class Sizeis limited to 10/12 in order to effectively provide support and coaching to all participants.
Have received 10-20 Days NVC training other than practice groups - required
Experience facilitating NVC practice groups, intros, or short workshops – recommended
This training will focus on trainer skills and consciousness with the understanding that you have understanding and integration of NVC content and principles.
- Group Formation – creating a “we”, group resonance, warming up, setting the tone
- Creating Brave Space – power, choice, integrity, inclusion, responsiveness, trust building
- Building connection and rapport
- Facilitator purpose, intentions, goals, guideposts
- Clearing and preparing to facilitate
- Creating and structuring content
- Teaching styles
- Learning Modes
- Presentation skills and feedback
- Tracking skills
- Layers of Needs
- Energy Management
- Sensing the field
- Meeting your audience where they are – Adapting to specific Audiences and mixed levels of learning
- Facilitation Skills & Challenges
- Creating and Facilitating exercises and activities – safeguarding people’s trust and vulnerability, giving directions, moving groups
- Empathy vs Education
- Practice group facilitation
- Group management - while living NVC
- Working with particular challenges
- Coaching Learners
NVC Trainer/Facilitator Training #2 – March 3-5, 2020 ~ Save the dates! Details coming soon.
Please prepare a seven minute presentation to teach an NVC principle or concept. You will receive a handout that will support you in preparing. The intention for this is to practice and gain feedback on your presenting of a topic. This is separate from creating and facilitating exercises or practices. Please save that for later.
Please come prepared with some examples of chllenges and issues you have experienced during teaching and facilitating NVC.
You will receive a more detailed logistics preparation email prior to the training.
Your enrollment will be confirmed when pre-requisites are met and tuition is paid to hold your spot. I will give you a call if I have any questions regarding your registration. Please make sure your information is correct so I can easily contact you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Investment - $450 USD
If Communication Works cancels the event you will be refunded your full payment.
If you cancel thirty days prior to the start date of a weekend or one day event, you will receive a refund of the full amount.
If you cancel between six and thirty days of the event start date, you will be credited your tuition minus $50 for a full weekend training and your tuition minus $25 for a one day event. The credit will be good toward attending any training event for one year.
If you cancel five days or less prior to the start of the event, your tuition will be retained. Proceeding with registration indicates agreement with this policy. Thank you.
Trainer information in case you don't know me yet:
Kathy Ziola, MA, Center for Nonviolent Communication Certified Trainer. My journey has included forty years of deep exploration of relationship, self-awareness, healing arts, spirituality and communication. NVC trainer training includes Bay Area NVC’s Leadership Program in 2006, the Training of Trainer Program in 2009, Making Collaboration Real Trainings in 2010 and 2011 with Miki Kashtan, study with Marshall Rosenberg in 2009, extensive work with the NVC Training Institute (Robert Gonzales, Susan Skye, Wes Taylor, Towe Widstrand) for three years, and Living Compassion year long program and graduate programs with Robert Gonzales . I have organized and facilitated NVC training for thirteen years. I created the NVC Immersion and Trainer Development Program in 2012 and this coming year will be its eighth year. It is a nine-month experience in deeply integrating NVC and moving toward facilitation and NVC training. I have organized and facilitated workshops and retreats in a variety of settings over the past 25 years. These have included the areas of stress management, peer counseling training, breath work, loving relationships, women’s retreats, yoga, Reiki, and couples' work. I currently provide NVC training, coaching and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, organizations and businesses. It is my passion to support people in having extraordinary relationships based on presence, honesty and compassion. I love bringing fun and play and improv into my NVC events.
Education: CNVC Certified Trainer since 2009. MA Agency Counseling with Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Northern CO. BS Human Development and Family Studies, Colorado State University.
Sample Experience and Settings Teaching NVC
- NVC Immersion and Trainer Development 9 month Program – 7 years – Founder and Facilitator - Grand Junction and Denver, CO
- NVC Trainer Apprentice Program – Denver – Two years - Founder & Facilitator
- Arapahoe County Human Services Department – Division of Child and Adult Protective Services – Aurora, CO - Two years, ongoing one-day trainings, follow up integration groups, and team mediation series.
- Boulder County – General County staff training. Training and ongoing sessions for Parks and Open Space Department.
- Public weekend trainings offered consistently in Lakewood, CO, and various states across the US
- Los Alamos National Research Lab – Los Alamos, NM - Two days staff and administration training
- St. Julien Luxury Hotel – Two days full staff training – Boulder CO
- The Conflict Center – Three days training staff and volunteers - Denver, CO
- Restorative Justice Convention – Keynote and workshops – Colorado Springs, CO
- Living Energy of Needs Trainings - Nine 7 day intensives with the NVC Training Institute – US and Canada
- Juniper Ridge Community School – Teacher and administrator ongoing in-service trainings and mediation 1.5 years
- Dos Rios Elementary School – After school programs for students grades 3-5 for one year
- Private practice groups and class series
- Yoga West Collective - Ongoing practice group and training events for 4 years
- Training for Business Owners – Mesa County Business Incubator
- Mesa County Business Incubator - Staff training
- Medical Staff at St. Mary’s Hospital – Intro - Grand Junction, CO
- Western Colorado Educators’ Convention - workshop presenter
- Business Women’s Networks – Denver and Grand Junction
- Retreat – Inside Out – four day residential
- Online Video and Tele-courses since 2010
- Couples NVC Weekend Training events – Six years
- Montessori School Parent Book Club – Workshop series
- Facilitation of The NVC Facilitators’ Practice group - Denver