NVC Educators Institute: Teach for Life
NVC Educators Institute: Teach for Life: Providing educational professionals with practical hands-on experience in facilitating vibrant and compassionate classrooms – places where students, teachers and parents thrive.
This 6-day retreat is carefully designed to offer:
- An immersive curriculum of Nonviolent Communication principals and practices applied to a classroom setting
- A lived experience of a compassionate learning community.
- A structured curriculum, covering foundational Nonviolent Communication principles, processes and skills.
- A network of professional and personal support
- Nonviolent Communication skills
- Creating a vibrant compassionate classroom
- Facilitating group agreements that inspire cooperation
- Navigating conflict successfully
- Increasing empathy in the classroom
- Creating a network for ongoing support
Who Should Apply?
Teach for Life! is designed for Pre-K through University-level classroom instructors who who want to cultivate prosocial behavior in their classrooms and schools.
George Williams College
350 Constance Bay
Williams Bay, WI 53191
Cost: (Fees include lodging, meals, training and materials)
- Early Bird Rate: Shared room with 2 queen beds and a private bath / $1450 (Early Bird Tuition must be paid in full by April 15, 2019)
- Full Rate: Shared room with 2 queen beds and a private bath / $1550 (applies to registrations paid after April 15, 2018)
- Private room with 1 queen bed and a private bath: $2000 (discounts do not apply to private rooms)
Group Discounts: Ask a colleague to join you this summer!
- Groups Rate: three or more participants from the same school or district will receive a 10% discount per person / $1395 (Group discount does not apply to those reserving a private room)