"Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself" Reclaiming Wholeness with Nonviolent Communication
Saturday, August 03, 2019
Love Thy Neighbor - Honoring the Life in Others
- Prioritizing connection in how we respond - by choosing empathy.
- Speaking our truth without blaming, shaming, threatening or guilt tripping (taking 100% responsibility for our experience).
- Explicitly owning our perceptions, interpretations and evaluations when speaking.
- Maintaining and cultivating togetherness by integrating connection requests into our expression.
- Consciously choosing to hear, the 'please' behind every demand/threat, the vulnerability behind every judgment, and the unspoken feelings, needs and requests in people's expressions.
- Reclaiming our natural generosity by cultivating an inner 'Yes!' towards people and life
- Honoring our 'No' while opening our hearts to the impact on others.
- Holding others choice, even when they don't seem to be able to hold it themselves (especially when there are power differences)
- Including others in decisions that are affecting them.
- Attending to the gap between our intention and the effect on others.
- Explicitly expressing our mourning to others when we contribute to a difficult impact