In this online course you will practice:
- Gratitude: Appreciating your partner for things that they said or did that enriched your life in a way that is enjoyable for them to hear.
- Honest Expression: Telling your partner about painful experiences you have had in the relationship in a way that makes it more likely they can hear you and be open to adjusting their behavior.
- Non-judgmental Listening: Understanding what really matters to your partner -- what they need in order to thrive in the relationship, and how you can support them in a way that also works for you.
- Requests. Sharing what you need and welcoming your partner's proposals, as foundations for intimacy & positive changes.
- Dates: 4 Saturdays: Sept 11, Sept 18, Sept 25, and Oct 9, 2021
- Times: 1:30-3:30 Eastern Time
- Cost: $200/couple ($150/couple if you register before August 20). If you want to participate but the course fee is a barrier, please contact us to discuss possible options.
- Questions: Registration, payments, and logistics, email the Registrar. Program or content, email Lisa.
- Audience: Everyone is welcome! - This is an inclusive course for adults of all ages, sexual orientations, races, religions, and ethnicities.
In this online course, you will:
- Learn how empathy and self-expression work together for greater understanding.
- Practice new ways of listening and speaking with each other for improved communication.
- Share with each other in ways that give you each the opportunity to have more of what you want in your relationship.
- Learn how to "take a pause" to de-escalate arguments or disagreements, without leaving either of you feeling dismissed, abandoned, or shamed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I am single but hope to be in a relationship in the future. Can I join this course?
A: This course includes exercises for partners in a romantic relationship to engage in together. We celebrate your intention to prepare for future relationships and would love to support you through other workshops we offer or through individual coaching with Lisa or Rob .
Q: My spouse or partner cannot (or does not want to) participate in this course but I would like to join as an individual. Is that OK?
A: The exercises and activities in this course are all designed for current couples. If your partner is not able to participate because of the timing, please reach out to us to let us know so we can keep you informed about other workshops & dates. If your spouse is not interested in participating at this time, individual coaching with either Lisa or Rob is another option to consider.
Learn more and Register