Building Bridges: How to Get Results & Turn Impasses into Opportunities
Every day at work, we depend on other people—to get ideas and projects budgeted and approved, to find solutions, and to move projects forward. But what do you do if you are at a standstill or loggerheads with someone not cooperating or responding, or who’s even blocking your way?
In this 3-hour immersion, learn practical skills that will help you to immediately start resolving impasses and find new solutions. Learn how to break through blocks and foster mutual trust, respect, and goodwill, through four basic steps you can practice in any situation with colleagues, supervisors, and clients—and even at home.
Past participants have commented that this program is “profound” and “…very useful for my relationships in the workplace,” offering “tremendous insight …and tools for separating out the many different things going on when two people try to communicate.”
During this program, learn game-changing tools to:
- Clarify and confirm what really matters in any interpersonal situation
- Identify your own core needs and the needs of others so as to better act on them and find win-win solutions
- Self-manage your own internal responses to better respond in any situation with more choice
- More effectively collaborate with others to boost creativity, buy-in, mutuality, accountability, and respect
- Shift blocks where others may disagree or push back on your strategies or ideas
- Make powerful action steps to better meet your needs and achieve goals and objectives
Based on the internationally popular book, Connecting across Differences: How to Communicate with Anyone, at Anytime, Anywhere, this highly interactive and practical program teaches you four key distinctions that you can practice in any conversation to greatly enhance your ability to hear what matters most to others while also ensuring that you are fully heard.
This model has been proven over four decades and is currently being taught in 40+ countries. As a result of this training, Fortune 100 teams report a 70-100% increase in efficiency, trust, and accountability.
We’re delighted that you’re planning to join us for this in-person program! We invite you to care for the environment by offsetting your carbon impact in traveling to the event by making a donation to one of these organizations:
- Trees for the Future: Improving the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands. Donate.
- Tree Sisters: Planetary restoration at the grassroots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation. Donate.
Work Collaboratively offsets any travel our trainers do by making donations to these two organizations to offset our carbon impact. In addition, we reuse materials, use recycled paper products, and reuse name tag holders. We also avoid using non-reusable, non-durable plastic products.