4 week Online Couples Course through the Lens of NVC: Listening and Speaking from the Heart
Do you find yourselves arguing about the same old things without getting any resolution? Are blame and resentments creeping into your conversations? Or, are things generally going well, and you're looking for tips and practical tools to make things even better?
In this online course you will learn:
- Learn how empathy and self-expression work together for greater understanding.
- Practice new ways of listening and speaking with each other for improved communication.
- Share with each other in ways that give you each the opportunity to have more of what you want in your relationship.
- Learn how to "take a pause" to de-escalate arguments or disagreements, without leaving either of you feeling dismissed, abandoned, or shamed.
In this online course you will practice:
- Gratitude: Appreciating your partner for things that they said or did that enriched your life in a way that is enjoyable for them to hear.
- Honest Expression: Telling your partner about painful experiences you have had in the relationship in a way that makes it more likely they can hear you and be open to adjusting their behavior.
- Non-judgmental Listening: Understanding what really matters to your partner -- what they need in order to thrive in the relationship, and how you can support them in a way that also works for you.
- Requests. Sharing what you need and welcoming your partner's proposals, as foundations for intimacy & positive changes.
- Dates: 4 Sundays: May 16, May 23, June 6, June 13, 2021
- Times: 1:30-3:30 Eastern Time
- Cost: $200/couple ($150/couple if you register before April 19). If you want to participate but the course fee is a barrier, please contact us to discuss possible options.
- Questions: Registration, payments, and logistics, email the Registrar. Program or content, email Lisa.
- Audience: Everyone is welcome! - This is an inclusive course for adults of all ages, sexual orientations, races, religions, and ethnicities.
Please join course teachers Lisa Gottlieb, MSW, Certified Trainer with the Center for NVC, Founder of Compassionate Communication Ann Arbor, Co-founder of Great Lakes NVC, and Rob Eames, MA, MCLC, Certified Trainer with the Center for NVC Candidate, Relationship Coach, and founder of Couples Focus for this exciting and effective course to support your relationship in a warm and inclusive environment. Classes will be recorded in case you miss a date, and a handout is included.