Julia Shen is a certified Nonviolent Communication trainer. Her passion is bringing people together through authentic and compassionate communications.
Julia has been sharing her understanding of Nonviolent Communication through:
- webinars and workshops (in-person and online);
- blog Space For Heart (currently Mandarin only);
- social media (YouTube channel Space For Heart and WeChat group “A Language of Life”);
- volunteering work (providing training support for NGO’s such as Mental Health Mutual-aid Hub Canada);
- and beyond
Julia was born and grew up in China, and has been living in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada, with her husband and son. She has worked in the digital advertising/ technology industry in various operations/PM roles in Toronto since 2005. She is passionate about leveraging her Nonviolent Communication skills to help people collaborate and connect at work places, in families, as well as in various other situations.
“Our survival as a species depends on our ability to recognize that our well-being and the well-being of others are in fact one and the same.”
– Marshall Rosenberg, psychologist, author, founder of the Center for Nonviolent Communication