Foundations of Compassionate Communication I
Would you like to ~
�Express with clarity & ease?
►Communicate with peace?
►Create win/win outcomes from conflict?
►Effectively deal with emotions?
►Deepen your relationships?
Based on the work of Marshall B. Rosenberg,PhD. in Compassionate Communication, this training offers a new model of relating that will help you have open, honest and effective communication from the heart.
Skills will be built through interactive exercises throughout the weekend.
You can use what you learn this weekend to create win/win situations in any area of life:
• Business management
• Team building
• Helping Professions
• Intimate relationships
• Community relations
• Public education
• Conflict mediation
Friday May 31 -
6-9pm - Introduction, Foundations and Principles & practice
Saturday June 1, Arrive by 8:45, Training hours: 9am-5:00pm
Using the Model: Clear Expression
• Foundational principles
• Basic assumptions
• Overview of model & components
• Honest Expression
• Understanding communication that alienates
• Using the four components to make clear, honest, effective expressions
• Creating connection & successful strategizing
• Skill building through practice
Sunday June 2, 9:00am-5pm
Using the Model: Deep Listening
• The Power of Empathy
• Blocks to effective listening
• Skills for deep listening
• Sharing meaningful appreciation
• Understanding the beauty of our
* Gratitude and Appreciation
Who is it for
People new to Nonviolent Communication or who have participated in an introductory workshop.
Those wanting to review or renew their foundational training.
- Understand what is really going on inside yourself
- Learn deep listening & empathy skills
- Express authentically in a way that doesn't cause defensiveness
- Learn in a safe and supportive environment
- Transform your relationships at home, work & in community!
What to Bring
Lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Anything you may need for your personal comfort.
Snacks to share, if you would like.
In consideration of those sensitive to scents and chemicals, including your facilitator, please refrain from using any perfumes or colognes when attending this training. Thank you.
Registration, payment and deposit info
Tuition Investment: $450
Checks are preferred. Please make checks payable to Kathy Ziola and send to Kathy Ziola, 2103 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Suite 206, Lakewood, CO 80227. Phone 970-216-8597.
PayPal may be used if you need to use a credit card.
If Communication Works cancels the event you will be refunded your full payment.
If you cancel thirty days prior to the start date of a weekend or one day event, you will receive a refund of the full amount.
If you cancel between six and thirty days of the event start date, you will be credited your tuition minus $50 for a full weekend training and your tuition minus $25 for a one day event. The credit will be good toward attending any training event for one year.
If you cancel five days or less prior to the start of the event, your tuition will be retained. Proceeding with registration indicates agreement with this policy. Thank you.