This is an interactive call series, and we encourage you to come to each call ready and willing to engage with those joining us.
When you register, you automatically receive an email with the zoom link, password (same for all calls), and a link to a companion handbook, which we suggest you read before the first call.
We welcome questions and comments about the content within.
We share a Google Folder with links to the recorded calls and the names and contact information of those who would like to connect between the weekly zoom calls. (optional)
• Learn a tool - and then practice using it with your own conflicts with difficult people and challenging situations…
• Practice the simple, practical, learnable, reliable tools of Nonviolent -Communication (NVC).
• Learn how to say what’s true for you without criticizing others.
• Learn how to receive criticism without loss of self-esteem.
• Bring to class your own conflicts with difficult people.
• Experience getting to the heart of the matter; increasing shared understanding & more harmony.
• Use some tips to guess what possible needs might be alive for the other person (and for yourself).
• Learn and practice some clues and cues to support your confidence and competence in needs-based connections
Who is it for?
• Those who want to learn ways to communicate that invite everyone to be heard and to experience that what they value matters without blame or shame.
• Those who want to create less conflict and more harmony when relating to others in their lives.
• You can benefit from this regardless of how many years you have (or have not) been practicing NVC in your daily life. We'll specifically learn/practice tips/tricks to increase your ACCESS to your tools when you most want them available, and it seems most challenging to remember them.
• Those who want to find ways that create peace of mind and self acceptance when hearing their own "inner jackals".
What to bring:
• You are requested to bring your curiosity and openness to learn and practice.
• Find a quiet place for the call, and have available your chosen method for note-taking.This is interactive practicing, not a lecture series!
• Just like you play exercises on the piano to learn and grow increasingly proficient, we'll practice the learnable, reliable, practical, simple tools of NVC together on the calls, and with a sharing partner between calls, if you like (optional).
What some people have told us about their zooming experiences with us...
• "It was helpful for me to access and name sadness. Usually, I get stuck in anger. Thank you. This was really helpful. I really liked the role play."
• "My take away today is the role playing framework. Take a pause, say less, go with the flow."
• "Role playing was very meaningful"
• "Thank you! Today was very helpful. I really liked the Q & A and role play. Really valuable.
TESTIMONIAL FROM Marshall B. Rosenberg:
"Mair Alight is one of sixty individuals from twenty-five countries selected by the Center for Nonviolent Communication to attend a Special Session on Social Change in July 2005 in Switzerland. The purpose of the session was to further the vision we have to create a world where all people are getting their needs met and resolving their conflicts peacefully.
Mair Alight is committed to the vision of creating and participating in building worldwide networks of life-serving systems including, but not limited to education, economics, justice, health care, peace keeeping.
It is my hope that you will support her in her efforts towards implementing social change." Warmly, Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D, Founder and Director of Educational Services, The Center for Nonviolent Communication (www.cnvc.org) July, 2005
TESTIMONIAL from Miki Kashtan:
"I have known Mair since 2002, when she attended the BayNVC Leadership Program. I appreciate, in particular, her deep passion for meaning, her dedication to authenticity and full human connection, and her humor and courage in responding to challenges. I trust her understanding of NVC and her continued immersion in learning and clarifying concepts and processes. I am impressed by what I see as her ability to see and reach human beings across a wide range of demographics and experiences and offer meaningful healing and learning to others." - Miki Kashtan, Lead Trainer, Strategic Vision, Bay Area Nonviolent Communication (BayNVC) www.BayNVC.org
TESTIMONIAL FROM Ike Lasater:
"I’ve known Mair for a decade as a friend, colleague and as a participant in some of my NVC Mediation workshops. I very much enjoy how she shows up in the world with humor, care and clarity. I like the way Mair relates to herself, and to me and others. I without reservation recommend that you work with her at every opportunity." – Ike Lasater, www.NVCMediation.com
Cancellations and Refunds:
100% Money Back Guarantee before 2nd call
This request from us is part of practicing NVC.
Please be as specific as you can in expressing what didn't work for you.
Tuition Fee: $197 for three 80 minute sessions