Get Out of Survival Mode: Start to Thrive! is specifically designed to help you:
✔️ Think differently about what it means to feel good
✔️ Increase the positivity you experience in your life
✔️ Explore where you limit your own happiness
✔️ Understand how Positivity Psychology could help you live a happier life
✔️ Experience the potency of positive emotions
✔️ Thrive, flourish and enjoy life!
Get Out of Survival Mode: Start to Thrive! is not about ignoring reality
— it’s about putting ALL your reality into perspective.
Most of us have a natural tendency to focus on the negative.
We simply don’t see what’s going well.
This course aims to help you embrace it all.
It’s for you if you are ready to:
✅ give the negatives in your life the air-time they need, then look beyond them
✅ let go of (at least some of) your stress and overwhelm
✅ give the positives in your life more space to be enjoyed
✅ get more than just your head above water
✅invest just 12 hours to learn how to transform your life (in six, 2h sessions)
There is an art and science to well-being, and it’s simple.
This course will draw on work from the field of Positive Psychology, with specific references to the work of Dr. Barbara Fredrickson.
Who could this help?
The Parent: juggling parenting, housework, cooking, work… All. The. Things.
The Widow/er: adjusting to a new life without their partner
The Freelancer: dealing with the uncertainty of freelance work
The Business Owner: overwhelmed by the demands of running a business
The Healthcare Professional: exhausted by the emotional and physical demands of the job
The Corporate Employee: facing burnout from the high-stress environment
The Retiree: struggling to find purpose after a career
The College Student: balancing academics, social life, and preparing for their future
This course is for anyone with an interest in learning how to dial up their positivity in life.
- The science behind positivity
- Why positivity supports a fulfilled life
- Dealing with negative people
- 7 ways to reduce your negativity ratio
- 11 ways to increase your positivity ratio
- The 10 positivity emotions
- A formula for expressing gratitude
- Responding to life from a place of choice
A note about toxic positivity
Wondering if this course will fall into the realms of toxic positivity? Let us reassure you, it does NOT. Here’s why.
Toxic positivity is described as a form of emotional management that desires to only look at the positives without acknowledgement or expression of negative emotions. This can create pressure to be unrealistically optimistic and runs the risk of invalidating the human experience.
This course is different.
You can expect to:
- Give your troubles the space they need to be heard
- Keep your difficulties in perspective by acknowledging them — sadness and despair are a part of life
- Learn ways to reduce the air-time the difficulties demand from you
- Explore approaches to notice what is going well in your life, what gives you glimpses of joy, and what has the potential to make you smile (scroll back up there to see what’s covered 👆)
- Take a look at ways to give the positives more space to co-exist with everything else and be appreciated
What you can expect
This will be an experience-based course to help you integrate your learning, so you can invite more joy into your life.
It will include:
✔️ Key concepts and skills presented by Mary.
✔️ Mix of theory and practice to aid understanding, integration, and build confidence.
✔️ Structured self-reflective practices to deepen understanding of yourself.
✔️ Discussion in small and larger groups with carefully crafted prompts to aid understanding and fluency
Not sure if it’s for you?
We want you to feel good about your learning decisions with the NVC Academy.
You can join the first session of this course completely free — so you can try it out before you make your decision whether or not to register for the full course.
- Video and audio recordings of every session
- Forum discussion available in the classroom
- Lifetime access to the classroom
- Translated captions available in 30+ languages
Fridays and Saturdays: March 1-16, 2024
(six sessions: three consecutive Fridays and Saturdays)
12:00-2:00 PM Pacific (California) Time
Online via Zoom
Early Bird 20% discount: $370 until February 9 ($462 after)
NVC Library members: $296 until February 9 ($370 after)*
Make 4 payments of $95 if registered by February 9
*NVC Library members get 20% off their registration fee using code NVCL at time of checkout