As of 24-November-2021, this position has been filled and we are no longer receiving applications or interviewing candidates.
Remote position -- work from your home anywhere in the world.
Our international team works in English so you must be fluent with speaking, reading, and writing in English. We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world, including people with a mother tongue other than English.
This position was posted on 27 October 2021 and is currently open. We will update this page when the position has been filled.
The Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) is hiring an Operations Manager who will manage our organizational systems and oversee our daily activities. The person we hire will take initiative to solve problems, have a strong attention to detail, and operate as a team player with our staff, board, and volunteers. The Operations Manager will report to (and be primarily trained by) our Executive Director.
Founded in 1984, CNVC is a global organization that shares the teachings of Nonviolent Communication as developed by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg (1934-2015) to help people peacefully resolve conflicts in personal, organizational, and political settings.
We have an annual budget of between $500,000 and $1 million with trainers, organizers, and supporters in more than 50 countries. Our entire staff works remotely (we do not have a physical office), supporting both in-person and virtual intensive trainings and operating a trainer certification program.
Our ~550 Certified Trainers come from diverse backgrounds from both the Global North and Global South, many of whom lead workshops in more than one language and/or apply Nonviolent Communication to systemic and social change to help create a world in which everyone has access to the resources they need to survive and thrive.
Our Operations Manager’s main role will be to build, improve, and maintain our organizational systems to help us achieve a new level of effectiveness. Responsibilities will include:
- Update, analyze, and monitor our website
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Develop policies and procedures for record keeping and data management
- Convene and facilitate meetings to attend to operational needs
- Hire and supervise support staff and volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director in development of membership benefits program
- Develop processes for quality assurance and feedback systems
- Other projects as requested by the Executive Director
The successful candidate will be tech savvy and capable of learning and adapting to a variety of online tools and technologies. Preferred skills include:
- Strong skills in collaboration and communication
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems proactively
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and works well independently with minimal supervision
- Enhances and enriches the work of colleagues in a support and coaching role
- Effectively works with people from around the world with diverse backgrounds, many of whom speak English as a second or third language.
- Brings existing knowledge with online tools including spreadsheets
Here are a few examples of projects that we would assign to our Operations Manager if you began working today:
- Create landing pages and registration forms for our intensive trainings.
- Help our donors convert their giving from our Network for Good page to our in-house donation system.
- Add and modify data in Salesforce, our CMS (content management system) and work with contractors to enhance it.
- Improve our website's visual design and functionality, working in partnership with consultants.
- Sort and organize multiple lists in our email marketing system.
Our Operations Manager will be a salaried employee working 20 to 40 hours per week with some benefits available. We anticipate paying a wage comparable to similar positions in nonprofit organizations / NGOs. For the ideal candidate, we are open to negotiating your work schedule and precise job duties to best match your strengths.
How to apply:
Email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and describe how you see yourself as a good fit for this position.