The Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) is an international nonprofit peacemaking organization that shares Nonviolent Communication around the world. It helps people peacefully and effectively resolve conflicts in personal, organizational, and political settings.
Every day around the world, CNVC supports the transformation of how we speak to ourselves and one another; one empathic conversation at a time by speaking the “Language of Life” known as Nonviolent Communication (NVC) by Marshall B. Rosenberg, PhD.
The Center for Nonviolent Communication pursues the vision of a world where:
- everyone values everyone's basic human needs and lives from an awareness that connects with the universal life energy and natural oneness of all life;
- every individual embraces self-compassion;
- people joyfully and compassionately contribute to each other and resolve conflicts peacefully;
- the systems and structures we create in economics, education, justice, healthcare, peace-keeping and other areas across our global interdependent community reflect that consciousness. They also evaluate their actions against their contribution to life and the human needs they ultimately serve.
CNVC’s mission is to contribute to more sustainable, compassionate, and “life-serving” human relations. This contribution is in the realms of personal change, interpersonal relationship, and in social systems and structures, such as business/economics, education, justice, healthcare, and peace-keeping.
RESOURCES THAT CNVC PROVIDES:
- NVC trainer certification process: comparable to an independent study master’s degree program. This rigorous NVC certification process helps protect the integrity of NVC teaching.
- More than 700 certified trainers who offer workshops and seminars in over 65 countries on six continents, touching the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world. You can find some of these events here.
- Newsletter that helps to connect the movement, celebrate progress and continue to spread NVC.
- Store with books, videos, and learning materials in English and Spanish.
- Since 1994, CNVC has sponsored more than 240 International Intensive Trainings (IITs). More than 13,000 people have already experienced the profound change that our retreats offer.
- CNVC sponsors NVC Social Change projects, for example in high-need geographic locations like in Kenya;
- CNVC is supporting NVC-related research initiatives to develop scientifically based, peer-reviewed research studies to identify the measurable impact of NVC training;
- CNVC creates and assists in the creation of NVC educational materials;
- CNVC promotes connections between the general public and NVC community.
Empathy in action
There's a lot of talking going on, often divisive and violent. How many of us experience conversations with the heart of understanding, empathy, and transformation? At CVNC, we believe every conversation counts. Explore all the ways you can contribute to empathy in action.
Learn. Practice. Stretch. Like any language, to become fluent in nonviolent communication it will take time, intention, and practice. Explore all our programs from novice, practitioner, to earning your CNVC certification.
Your donation counts. Help us reach the tipping point where nonviolent communication becomes fluent around the world! Contribute today to one of the campaigns that connects with you most.