- get involved
- NVC Research
- NVC in Schools
- CNVC Project in Africa
- CNVC Project in Eastern Europe
- CNVC Project in Asia
- Lusophone Project
- CNVC Freedom Project (Prisons)
- CNVC Social Change Project
- The Restorative Justice Project
- find supporters
- find practice groups
- find organizations
- learn nvc
- training schedule
- find trainers
- find trainers map
- Selected Trainer Annual Reports
- nvc family camps
- guidelines for sharing nvc
- international intensive trainings (IITs)
- NVC STORE
Live*Teach*Share; NVC Mentorship Program
Date and Time
Mon, Aug 12, 2013 to Sat, Aug 17, 2013 — 10am-5:30pm daily — Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8)
Santa Cruz, Ca, USA
225 Rooney St.
Santa Cruz, California 95065
…an opportunity to receive mentoring in community as you learn and integrate the skills needed to live, teach, and share NVC.
Join a group of dedicated NVC trainers-in-training, practitioners, and CNVC certification candidates in a 6-day non-residential retreat in "vacation destination" Santa Cruz, on the central coast of California. We are looking to attract participants who already know their commitment and desire to share/teach NVC, and have already acquired much of the skills and principles embodied in NVC.
CNVC certified trainers ~ Jean Morrison, Christine King, and Kristin Masters ~ have over 50 collective years of facilitation and group experience; and 43 collective years of living, teaching, and sharing NVC. As friends and collaborators we enjoy supporting learning communities ~ bringing fun, play, wisdom, sensitivity, compassion, authenticity and creativity into our lively mix. [please visit the website: nvcsantacruz.org to read our individual bios.]
This six-day non-residential retreat will provide the essential aspects of teaching and sharing NVC - from the nuts and bolts of organizing workshops, to understanding learning styles, to publicizing and promoting your offerings. NVC teaching skills will be modeled through small group work, role plays, coaching, and demonstrations of use of materials and teaching aids such as puppets, flip charts, and more.
If you are ready to jump-start or augment your passion for sharing NVC, come join other dedicated NVC trainers-in-training, practitioners, and CNVC certification candidates under the leadership of three experienced NVC trainers, ready to contribute to your learning and joy.
We have been asked for years to “share the wealth” of our experience in group facilitation and NVC training. With more and more individuals wanting specific support and information, we heard the call! After a year of planning in 2011, we offered our training for the first time last year and received quantifiable feedback of satisfaction, delight, and appreciation. We're happy to be offering our training again this year and we look forward to being with you!
Who is it for
We are looking to attract participants who already know their commitment and desire to share/teach NVC, and have already acquired much of the skills and principles embodied in NVC.
For optimal learning, please come having met these pre-requisites:
• Minimum of 40 hours of NVC training
• Attendance of at least one 3-5 day retreat with a certified NVC trainer
• Participation in an NVC practice group or consistent practice with an Empathy Buddy
• Read: Nonviolent Communication; and other books/materials of your choice
- Here are some of the topics covered:
- • Refining skills for group facilitation
- • Designing, outlining, and organizing classes and workshops
- • Harvesting feedback from participants
- • Naming and describing your workshops and classes
- • Sharing public speaking tips and demos
- • Reading and shifting the energy of a group
- • Choosing your toolbox materials - books, teaching aids, etc
- • Bringing your full self to the table with openness and curiosity
- • Understanding and adapting to learning styles
- • Formulating business logistics (Marketing, Pricing, etc.)
- • Discussing the pros and cons of creating your own NVC Center
- • Working with clients in various settings: office, home, business
- • When you register, we will send you a questionnaire for info that will tell us more of what
- you're wanting.
your personal investment ~
$660-1200; please choose the amount that brings you the most satisfaction and delight.
We have intentionally kept the cost of this training as economical as possible by using our own Center as the venue...
What to Bring
Santa Cruz has mild-warm weather in October.
Check your favorite weather forecast site for current info.
Here is our suggested "to bring" list:
• layered, comfortable clothes
• coat/jacket; raincoat
• comfortable shoes
• water container
• a copy of Grok it! a facilitation manual and NVC exercises (purchase through: nvcproducts.com; or purchase it at the training)
• your laptop (?) - consider this for easily receiving new/more documents
Registration, payment and deposit info.
For more information see our website, or contact Mike (Mike@nvcsantacruz.org), Jean (email@example.com), Kristin (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Christine (email@example.com)