- get involved
- celebrate marshall
- NVC Research
- NVC in Schools
- CNVC Project in Africa
- CNVC Project in Eastern Europe
- CNVC Project in Asia
- Lusophone Project
- CNVC Freedom Project (Prisons)
- The Restorative Justice Project
- find a trainer
- find supporters
- find practice groups
- find organizations
- learn nvc
- training schedule
- find trainers
- find trainers map
- Selected Trainer Annual Reports
- nvc family camps
- guidelines for sharing nvc
- NVC Apps for Smartphones
- international intensive trainings (IITs)
- NVC STORE
nvc store faq
Pricing depends on your relationship with CNVC, so be sure to log in before you place your orders.
Get 10% off most items by becoming a bookstore member. Discount is provided on your next order.
40% off for most items with orders over $500.
50% off most items for orders over $3,000.
If you are not logged in, items will remain in your cart for four hours.
If you are logged in, items will remain in your cart for one year.
If you do not have an account you will be given the option to create an account when you checkout; this is optional. Having an account will allow you to track your orders.
You an pay with a credit/debit card or pay by check.
Personal and business checks will be held for up to 10 business days to ensure payment clears before an order is shipped. We will process the order as soon as the payment clears our bank.
Phone and mail orders
If you prefer to order by phone or mail see this page.
Shipping: Order Processing and Delivery
Online orders will be attached to your account if we find one that matches your e-mail address. Login to view your current order status and order history. Remember to login when you make your next purchase for a faster checkout experience!
Please note that the shipping quote in the shopping cart and checkout is only an estimate. Actual cost may adjusted at the time of shipping. If the adjustment is greater than $5.00 we will contact you. A finalized invoice will be sent at the time of shipping.
CNVC normally ships within one to two business days.
Orders are shipped Monday through Fridays, except on USA national holidays.
Shipping & Handling Charges - are based on the weight, destination and shipment method of each order.
With Tracking - If you choose a shipping method that includes tracking, we will provide the carrier's tracking number on the sales receipt. Details of tracking are dependent on the carrier of your order; some records do not show movement of a package until it is delivered. For added protection, we provide shipping insurance for all trackable USPS shipping methods.
Without Tracking - If you choose an option that is not tracked, CNVC cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of your order; we cannot replace items lost in transit. Insurance is not available for these option.
Non-trackable options are:
- USPS First Class
- USPS International Flat Rate Envelope
- USPS International Small Flat Rate Box
International Customs/Import Duties - Customs and import duties are applied once the shipment reaches its destination. These charges are the responsibility of the recipient and will vary from country to country. Contact your local customs office for details.
Non-deliverable - Items returned for failure of the delivery attempt for reasons that are outside our control (non-deliverable, inaccurate address, being unclaimed by recipient, etc.), will not be eligible for a refund of the shipping charges. If you request re-shipment of items that were returned for reasons outside of our control, you will be responsible for paying the new shipping costs.
Time Sensitive - If you have a time sensitive delivery please take this into account when placing your order and in choosing your shipping method. A surcharge may apply for special consideration.
If you have a questions about order processing or delivery times, or you wish to determine if we can expedite an order, email us at bookstore [at] cnvc [dot] org. If it is urgent or you wish to discuss options not offered on the web site, you may call our office and speak to the CNVC Bookstore representative at (505) 244-4041, toll free 1-800-255-7696 (This number only applies within the USA and Canada). Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. MT, except on USA national holidays.
Items must be in original re-sellable condition with no obvious signs of use.
- USA Domestic - We will accept product returns within 30 days of receipt of product (not the date of the sales receipt)
- International - We will accept product returns within 45 days of receipt of product (not the date of the sales receipt)
- Defective Merchandise - CDs and DVDs cannot be returned if opened; defective CDs and DVDs can only be exchanged for the same product.
- Shipping - Shipping & handling charges are non-refundable. Customers are responsible for the shipping costs of returning items to CNVC.
- Returns/Restocking - Product returns are subject to a restocking fee equal to 10% of the sales price.
Return Processing - Please indicate the reason for your return, include the packing slip which was enclosed with your original order, and wrap the package securely. If you do not have your packing slip, please indicate on a separate piece of paper the order number, the date purchased, the name, address, phone, and e-mail address of the person who purchased the order, along with the reason for the return. Please be sure to include your daytime phone number in case we need to contact you.
Send the entire package to the following address:
Center for Nonviolent Communication
5600 San Francisco Rd NE, Ste. A
Albuquerque, NM 87109
* Please include your original receipt included in your order and wrap the package securely.
** Please contact the CNVC Bookstore at bookstore [at] cnvc [dot] org to request a return shipping label.
- Refunds - are issued in US dollars to the original payment method used for your purchase. If the original payment method is unavailable, an in-store credit will be issued.
- Checks - If payment was made via check, a refund check will be issued once we receive confirmation that the customer's check has cleared.
- Notification - When you provide an accurate e-mail address with your return correspondence, we will notify you, via e-mail, of your refund once we have received and processed the returned item(s).
- Bookstore Member - CNVC offers a discount opportunity for customers for a supporting contribution of $35.00 per year. This opportunity allows customers to enjoy 10% off most retail prices for one calendar year from the date of purchase. Discounts will apply on next order.
View and Manage your Orders
If you have an account on the web site and log in before you order, you can manage all of your orders when you log into the site.
- See current order status
- View past orders
- Print invoices